*The delivery date is the date of transfer of the goods to the Buyer, according to the FOB CHITTAGONG.
* Claims can be made by the Buyer on the Seller no later than 30 (THIRTY) days after the arrival of the goods at the port of destination Vladivostok for a matter of quality,in case of its non-compliance to what stipulated in the Contract, or for shortage of Goods.
* Contents and ground of any claims shall be confirmed either by an export Report or by a Report prepared with the participation of a representative from a third competent organization. The above Report is the final and binding documents for both parties, confirming the quantity and quality of Goods and the ground for effecting any eventual recalculations.
* The seller shall consider the claim and reply in essence within 20 (twenty) days of the date of its receiving.
* The delivered Goods should correspond to the qualitative norms as per the Specification of the manufacturer (in seller). If the quality of the goods does not correspond to the declared requirement, the seller will pay for the regeneration of goods or has the right to replace the goods by its own strength and at its own expenses.
* In the event that seller has violated terms of shipment for reasons not attributable to force majeure, the seller will pay the following penalty. If the condition of shipment are violated from 1 to 7 days, the price of goods or shipment sum is reduced by 1 percent, if 8 to 14 days, the price of goods or shipment sum is reduced by 2 percent if between 15 and 21 days, the price of goods or shipment sum is reduced by 3 percent. Penalty should be automatically deducted from the total payment amount in accordance with article of the contract between contracting parties.
* All differences and disputes which may arise in connecting with this Contract shall be settled amicably between the parties. All disputes which the parties did not manage to settle amicably shall be regulated in the Court of the respondent side.